The first step was to get everything into our bedroom. I decided that the only way I was going to get this done was to let Baby J help by caring the small things. He did a great job with this! Once we had all of the pieces spread out everywhere I quickly noticed that non of the parts were labeled. This is a problem. Now I had to focus more on directions and pictures, while keeping Baby J from scratching or damaging any of the pieces. OK. No problem. I am a multitasking super mom right? I can do this.
After about an hour of screwing and hammering we finally for the frame of the dresser complete. By this time it was almost Baby J's bed time and I knew that once he went to sleep I could get more done. So after putting Baby J to bed I continued to work. I figured I would leave the hammering until tomorrow because the loud noise would wake him up. So there I was screwing a drawer together when the screwdriver slipped off of the screw and went right into my left thumb. OUCH! That was it I was done!
so the next day I decided to finish the dresser and the rest of the room Baby J was a great help today except for when he decided to jump on our bed while I was trying to put the new sheets on. Overall I feel that the weekend and our project was a success! I have learned from this experience that getting things done with a idler is more challenging than I expected, but if I can figure out a way to involve him in the task instead of keeping him out things go a lot smoother. Now all that is left is to relax and enjoy our beautiful new room.